1. Why should I join IMT?
- International exchange opportunities
- Accredited by ACCA and CIMA
- Accredited by the ministry of higher education, UAE
- Double degree program
2. How can I make an appointment with an Admissions Counselor?
You can contact us on our board line number +97143638862 or send us an email on email@example.com
3. How many courses does IMT Dubai offer?
IMT Dubai offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in business, including; Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, MBA for fresh graduates and an Executive MBA for working professionals and Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
Eligibility criteria for admissions to our Undergraduate program
1. I do not meet the entry requirements as listed on the IMT Dubai website, can I still apply?
IMT Dubai selects students with a high academic performance. However, we encourage all students to apply as at IMT we have a holistic approach and our appraisal is not solely based on academic performance, we consider other factors such as presentation and communication skills, extracurricular activities, languages among other factors.
2. My year 12 results are awaited. Can I still apply?
Yes, we strongly suggest students apply before their Year 12 results are in hand, as this would enable us to put you through the admission cycle. The admissions team would shortlist applications based on the Year 10 or most recent board exam (taken in the past 2 years), English Language proficiency and other achievements. Shortlisted students would then be required to undergo further evaluation.
3. Which standardized tests does IMT Dubai accepts?
To apply to the undergraduate courses, you don’t have to go through any standardized tests. However, you must take an exam for English proficiency test.
4. Is there an admission application fee for IMT Dubai?
No, there is no application fee charged.
5. Are there exchange programs with other colleges?
Yes, the institute have exchange partnership agreements with many universities for one or two semester exchange programs, double degrees or progression into higher degrees
6. Does IMT Dubai provide services if I have a disability?
Yes, IMT Dubai implements reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities and offers students the opportunity to contribute and participate in the diverse campus experience. IMT Dubai is committed to ensuring equal access to curricular and co-curricular opportunities for students with disabilities. We share information, promote awareness of disability issues, and provide support of a decentralized system of access for students within the Institution.
Admission Procedure for our Undergraduate program
1. When does the application process for the academic year 2017-18 start?
The application process for the academic year 2017-2018 in open.
2. Do I need to submit any certificates with the application form?
All applicants for admission are required to obtain equivalency of their higher secondary school from the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. The attestation process is dependent upon whether you completed your higher secondary school in the UAE or in another country. For more details, click here. (Attestation of Documents)
3. I reside outside UAE. How do I apply?
Any student residing outside UAE may apply through our online application www.imt.ac.ae.
4. What is the application deadline?
The last date to apply is July 31, 2017
5. What are the factors considered for admission?
There is no one criterion for admission that IMT Dubai looks for. A student is evaluated overall, on several factors. These are English Language proficiency, good academic record, good communication skills and extracurricular activities.
6. Will I have to go through an interview for admission?
No, our undergraduate students are not required to take any interview.
7. I have applied for a passport but it is not yet in hand. Can I still apply for the MBA program?
Yes, if the student doesn’t reside in UAE s/he would need to have a passport by July 1st, 2017, as by that time IMT Dubai would need students to apply for a visa
8. I am studying in Year 1/2 of an undergraduate degree, can I transfer to IMT Dubai?
Yes, IMT Dubai accepts transfer students into the BSBA program. In order to assess your eligibility and for the admission criteria for transfer of credits, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with all the documents.
1. Does IMT Dubai require students to take an English Language Test?
Yes, it is a mandatory requirement for a student of IMT Dubai to have an English language score submitted. However, any undergraduate student may be provisionally admitted and can take a maximum of 15 credits load during the first semester. He/she has to submit the required English score in order to take any further courses. Full details on the English Language requirements.
1. Why is IMT’s BSBA program duration of 4 years when compared to other 3 year undergraduate programs?
IMT Dubai BSBA is designed like US BBA programs that are delivered over 4 years. The program includes several liberal arts subjects along with core and specialized business courses. It also includes an intensive Action Learning Project. The summers are intended for doing internships. At the end of the program a student is prepared to be a mature well-rounded individual who stands out in the professional world. The extra year is well worth the benefits.
2. Could I finish the BSBA in less than 4 years?
The BSBA subjects are sequenced to build skills, and are offered only once a year; thus, it takes 4 years to complete the program
3. Is "on-campus" housing compulsory or can I stay "off-campus" on my own?
Students may opt for on-campus housing or decide to stay off-campus. Accommodation offered on a first-come first-serve basis and students are free to make their own arrangements.
4. When does the program start?
Please refer the Academic Calendar for Course dates details:
For Jan 2018 Intake
For September 2017 Intake
5. Does IMT Dubai have more than one intake per year?
IMT Dubai BSBA (Full-time) has only one intake in a year (Fall intake) and the BSBA Weekend program has 2 intakes (Fall and Spring).
6. What are the program delivery mode?
IMT Dubai offers full-time program for fresh school graduates and weekend classes for working professionals.
7. What is the cost of the program and when are the payments due?
The total tuition fee is AED 36,000/- per year. However, please refer to the website for more information on the fee structure.
8. Post submitting my application I noticed that I had forgotten to enter certain details. What should I do in this case? Should I re-apply?
If a student has forgotten to mention certain details in his/her application and wishes to inform IMT Dubai about the same, she/he is required to send an email to email@example.com with all the details and information that need to be updated. A student will not be able to update his/her application as it is locked for editing. But you can access your application to upload the documents on a later stage.
9. Will earning a BSBA make me more competitive for admission to an MBA program?
Not in and of itself. Better MBA programs typically recruit students who have acquired a few years of work experience, regardless of whether those students hold a BSBA degree. Also, the BSBA allows students to compete for top-tier jobs right out of college. Many graduates do not find it necessary to earn an MBA as the BSBA program will be sufficient to start a career.
10. Is it essential for a student to pursue a MBA immediately after completion of the BSBA?
The BBA is a 4 year comprehensive program wherein the emphasis is on ‘complete learning’. In most cases, due to the advanced level of education students would not feel the need to pursue a MBA immediately after completion of the BSBA. Students could take up a career to gain work experience post which an MBA could be pursued which would prove more beneficial in terms of career enhancement.
11. In what currency is fees payable - be they for entrance and evaluation or for the program
We accept the fees in any currency. Fees are payable at IMT Dubai campus.
12. What differentiates your program from similar programs in UAE?
Our BSBA specialization is based on the need of the industry in the region. IMT provides BSBA specialization in three areas; Accounting, Logistics & Supply Chain and Retail Management. International Exchange Programs and Double-degree programs are also available for students to gain the international exposure and experience.
13. How will the double- degree program benefit the student? (design, learning objectives and duration)
IMT Dubai gives its BSBA students the opportunity to complete one or two semesters exchange program or double degree with our partner universities in the US, UK and in some countries in Europe. This enable students to enhance and deepen their knowledge into their chosen fields of specialization. It is also a perfect option for students who are interested in gaining experience in other cultures, studying business through a different perspective, and building a global network of contacts. Understanding of best practices in different countries enabling them to broaden their horizon and providing cross cultural exposure.
14. I am currently enrolled in BSBA Full Time; can I transfer to the weekend format or vice-versa?
Yes, you can transfer from and to weekend format post approval from the relevant authority.
1. Is IMT Dubai a university (or deemed university)?
IMT Dubai is accredited by organizations such as International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and European Association for International Education (EAIE).
2. What will be conferred at the end of completing the MBA program?
The degree is a Master of Business Administration awarded by IMT Dubai. The specialization is also mentioned. The Institute of Management and Technology is registered as higher education provider by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR) and Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), Dubai Government. The UAE credential enhances the international acceptance of the degree, whether you wish to pursue more advanced studies or a global career.
1. Does IMT Dubai hold any interactive sessions
Yes, IMT Dubai holds several interactive sessions for students, where they can interact with the program personnel for questions/doubts that they may have pertaining to the program. The session dates are published on the website.
2. Do I need to register for the interactive sessions? Is there any charge to attend a session?
Students are required to register for the interactive sessions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by registering on our website. There is no charge to attend the session. Students may bring their parents, friends, associates, for the interactive session, but would need to register them also. Registration for the sessions is preferable, however, not mandatory.
Visas and Scholarships
1. How long is the Visa Process?
Visas normally take 2-5 weeks to process once all the correct documentation has been supplied. Express visas take 1-3 weeks to process.
2. Do we need to make our own travel and visa arrangements or is it organized by the institute?
The School will process visas for Dubai, the charges for processing the visa are covered in the fees paid by the student. If there is a need for a student’s visa to be processed on urgent basis, the School would levy additional charges which will be shared with the student prior to the visa processing.
3. Does IMT Dubai provide student scholarships and if so what are the criteria?
IMT Dubai provides merit and need based scholarships to few carefully selected students. A student would need to have obtained a good academic record or be a rank holder and have exceptional extracurricular achievements to have access to a scholarship.
Life at Campus
1. What kind of on-campus student housing does IMT Dubai provide? Do we get our own rooms? Do boys and girls live in separate housing?
Yes, accommodation is provided on campus. The student may opt for rooms under single occupancy or sharing. We have separate accommodations for girls and boys. More details can be reviewed here (link).
2. What about food? Does IMT Dubai provide on-campus meals? Is vegetarian food available?
The IMT Dubai Cafeteria provides Breakfast, Lunch, Tea & Dinner and the charges are included in the hospitality fees.
3. What is the weather like year round in the country?
Dubai is dry and extremely warm in the summer and cold during winters and it may rain sometimes.
4. What extracurricular opportunities are available?
5. Is transportation offered only for Dubai area or for all UAE areas?
IMT Dubai offers transportation for all UAE emirates and solely based on the number of students opting for transportation.
6. What kind of facilities offered on Campus?
In a campus spread over 250,000 square feet, IMT Dubai offers superior academic, entertainment, and residential facilities. Student’s accommodation is located within the campus that facilitates. All students will experience an active campus life drenched with excitements of sports, cultural events, celebrations, dining with friends and of course, learning together.
Placements and Internships
1. Does IMT Dubai offer career assistance to students?
Continuous corporate engagement is what links IMT Dubai and industries within the UAE, the region and beyond. IMT Dubai has a placement team which assist students to seek career opportunities.
2. How long is the Internship duration:
The internship is conducted on a full-time basis at the company site where students are immersed in the business environment often working on live projects. At the completion of their internships, students prepare a comprehensive report, and deliver a formal presentation to a combined academic and industry panel
3. Does IMT Dubai Office of Career Services arranges a series of workshops and industry interactions?
Yes, workshops on CV Writing and Interviewing as well as strengths based testing and online branding allow students to give their best impression to employers. Industry participation in monthly guest lectures, company visits, mock interviews and industry days, as well as our annual career fair, and provide students the opportunity to better understand their industries and the companies and opportunities that exist in these sectors.
4. What about work permits for working Dubai after graduation?
Work visas are organized by the company which offers a job.
5. I shall be graduating out of the Dubai campus does this mean that I will be placed in Dubai only?
A student can be placed in any of the regional neighbors based on a student’s preference, and the job location best suited to the student’s needs and profile.
6. Are students allowed to do part time jobs?
Yes, students are allowed to work for 4 hours a day.
7. Does IMT Dubai help us in final placement?
Yes, the strength of our ties to industry has been one of the keys to IMT Dubai’s success. Students are able to complete their studies knowing that our Career Services department will assist them in getting through the door to a variety of local and multinational organizations in the UAE that are looking to recruit IMT Dubai talent.