Debate is all about getting your polished oratory skills out in the open! Bring your thinking hats along and get-set-go!
Rules and Regulations:
- The speeches will be given in English only.
- Topic for round 1 will be announced 24 hours prior to the event Round 1 will be a 1v1 college knockout debate
- The teams which win the knockout will proceed for the final round which will be an open debate
- Topic for final round will be given at the end of Round 1.
- Teams will have 1 hour to prepare In case of any issue, the decision of the judges shall be final
- The opening speaker will get 2 mins to put his/her group’s stance forward. While the 2nd speaker will have full liberty to prove their counter party wrong in 2 mins. At the end, the third speaker is expected to conclude in just 1 minute
- Use of unparliamentary language or making personal attacks is prohibited
- Only chits are allowed for reference
- Exceeding or finishing early to the time limit given will lead to penalization