SECURITY & PRIVACY
2. Privacy statement – The Business School respects the privacy of all website visitors. This Policy is intended to inform you of the ways in which this website collects information, the ways that we may use or share that information, and the ways in which we will protect any information you choose to provide us. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein, we reserve the right under certain circumstances to share the information we collect without your consent, unless prohibited by law.
3. There are three types of information that this site may collect during your visit:
network traffic logs web visit logs voluntary information cookie information
a. Network Traffic Logs – In the course of ensuring network security and consistent service for all users, the College employs software programs to do such things as monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized access or access to nonpublic information, detect computer viruses and other software that might damage College computers or the network, and monitor and tune the performance of the College network. In the course of such monitoring, these programs may detect such information as email headers, addresses from network packets, and other information. Information from these activities is used for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing the security and performance of the College’s networks and computer systems. Personally identifiable information from these activities is not released to external parties without your consent.
b. Web Visit Logs – This website routinely collects and stores information from online visitors to help manage the site and improve service. This information includes the pages visited on the site, the date and time of the visit, the internet address (URL or IP address) of the referring site, the domain name and IP address from which the access occurred, the version of browser used, the capabilities of the browser, and search terms used on our search engines. This site makes no attempt to identify individual visitors from this information: any personally identifiable information is not released to external parties without your consent.
c. Voluntary Information – In the course of using this website, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. For example, you may send us electronic mail (through a mailer or a web form) to request information, you may sign up for a mailing list, or you may send us your address so we may send you an application or other material. Any personally-identifiable information you send us will be used only for the specific purpose indicated. Requests for information will be directed to the appropriate staff to respond to the request, and may be recorded to help us update our site to better respond to similar future requests. We will not sell, exchange, or otherwise distribute your personally-identifiable information without your consent. We do not retain the information longer than necessary for normal operations. Each web page requesting information discloses the purpose of that information. If you do not wish to have the information used in the manner indicated, you are not
required to provide it. Please contact the person listed on the specific page, or listed below, with questions or concerns on the use of personally-identifiable information.
d. Cookie Information – When you visit this website, a “cookie” is sent to your computer and stored by your web browser. A cookie is a small text file that contains an anonymous string of characters that is unique to your computer. The cookie allows our website to recognize your computer when you visit us again. The cookie does not store or collect your personal information and it does not track your internet browsing, beyond your use of this website. The cookie allows the College to personalize your online experience. The cookie may also be used to deliver advertisements relevant to your interests. You can control whether or not your web browser accepts cookies by altering the settings on your computer. If you direct your web browser not to accept cookies, some parts of this website may not function properly.
4. Links – This site provides links to other World Wide websites or resources. We do not control these sites and resources, we do not endorse them, and we are not responsible for their availability, content, or delivery of services. In particular, external sites are not bound by this Policy; they may have their own policies or none at all. You will become subject to the privacy policies of those websites when you leave this site. Often you can tell you are leaving the College’s website by noting the URL of the destination site.
5. Security Measures – This website is protected with a variety of security measures such as change control procedures, passwords, and physical access controls. We also employ a variety of other mechanisms to ensure that data you provide is not lost, misused, or altered inappropriately. These controls include data confidentiality policies and regular database backups. However, due to the open nature of the Internet, the College cannot guarantee that any information stored on our servers, or transmitted to or from a user will be free from unauthorized access. The College disclaims any liability for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communications.
6. Changes to Policy – We will update this Policy to reflect any changes in the manner in which we treat the information collected on this website. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this Policy. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of this website, or your dealings with the College, you can find full contact information here.